Why you can’t put an oven or stove and refrigerator next to it?
If the oven or stove is next to the refrigerator, then the constant heat generated from them will put a load on the cooling system.
You may notice that some refrigerators freeze worse in the summer heat, and when there is a stove or oven next to them, the exposure to hot air will be constant.
And it doesn’t matter if it’s an electric oven or a gas oven, they are all heated the same way. What are the disadvantages of such a neighborhood:
- Refrigerator breakage. Considering that the oven or stove does not cool down immediately, the effect of hot air continues for some time after it is turned off. Due to the fact that the compressor is forced to work at the limit of its capacity, it overheats. Such intensive work harms the equipment and only shortens its service life. The temperature inside the refrigerator also rises, which in turn affects the quality of the products that lie there.
- Greasy stains. If the refrigerator is close to the oven or stove, it will get dirty faster with grease, the walls will have to be washed more often.
- Spoiled appearance. The side of the refrigerator that comes into contact with the oven or stove may crack. The metal heats up quickly, and the paint on it may not withstand such exposure. If the refrigerator is white, the wall next to the oven or stove will turn yellow or even brown. The plastic trim and rubber gasket on the door can crack, melt and turn yellow over time.
- Inconvenience when using. They occur if the oven is combined with a stove or hob. In this case, half of the working space becomes inaccessible – the handles of the dishes will rest against the wall of the refrigerator, and the pans will take up more space.
- Due to the constant heat from the oven or stove, the refrigerator is forced to operate at full capacity, which cannot but affect energy consumption. Electricity bills are skyrocketing.
- And there can be two problems here. Due to the constant heat inside the refrigerator compartment, it also becomes warmer, which affects the shelf life. In addition, due to constant temperature fluctuations, ice begins to freeze in the refrigerator. Some products do not tolerate these conditions and lose their taste and texture. This is especially critical for berries, vegetables and fruits. In the freezer, over time, snow shells will begin to grow on the walls, you will have to defrost the refrigerator more often.
If your needs help local Brooklyn based appliance repair company, call us today at 718-259-7716 or visit https://bestserviceappliancerepair.com We work in the Park Slope.